Amanda is a licensed therapist and the creator of the popular Instagram account @therapyforwomen. She is the founder and director of the group therapy practice, Therapy for Women Center, based in Philadelphia, where she serves clients across the country. Her unique expertise has been featured in notable publications such as Forbes, Washington Post, Shape, Women's Health Magazine, and more.
Amanda’s debut book, Not Drinking Tonight: A Guide to Creating a Sober Life You Love is an honest discussion of mental health where Amanda explores our reasons for drinking alcohol and the benefits of taking a break.
We talk about…
- Why it’s okay to question your relationship with alcohol
- The impact alcohol has on your sleep
- What disordered drinking is and how it can lead to addiction
- How social anxiety leads to an increase in drinking
- Why moderating alcohol feels hard
- The problem with mommy wine culture
- Why coping with alcohol makes things worse the next day
- What you can do to establish healthier boundaries around alcohol
- How to support someone who’s struggling with alcohol use
- How you can still have fun when sober
- The harm in selling alcohol as self-care
- How to communicate to others that you're not drinking right now
More from Amanda White…
Visit her website
Hangout with here on Instagram
Buy her book, Not Drinking Tonight
Goodies from today's episode…
Tired of anxiety hijacking your life? I want to be your anxiety coach! Click here to learn how you can work 1:1 with me, friend!