TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST
Dr. Ellen Vora is a board-certified holistic psychiatrist, acupuncturist, yoga teacher, and author. She takes a functional medicine approach to mental health – considering the whole person and addressing imbalance at the root rather than reflexively prescribing medication. Ellen received her B.A. from Yale University and her M.D. from Columbia University.
In her just-launched book, The Anatomy of Anxiety, Ellen reframes our understanding of and relationship with anxiety, allowing for healing, growth, and joy.
WE TALK ABOUT…
- What Ellen thinks about conventional medical training
- How our well-being hinges on the health of our gut
- The role bacteria plays in the presentation of anxiety
- The importance of focusing on your body when improving mental health
- What happens when inflammation inflames the brain
- The role trauma plays in anxiety
- The difference between false anxiety and true anxiety
- How our nervous system wasn't designed for today's world
- Why it’s so important to engage in unstimulated rest
- How to strengthen our connection to our intuition
- The role blood sugar and intermittent fasting plays in anxiety
- How thyroid problems can look like bipolar
- Psychedelics and CBD being used as a form of treatment
- Social media and its impact on our anxiety
- Why you might feel anxious after COVID
- Why it's so dang important to soak up sunshine
MORE FROM ELLEN…
Visit Ellen's website.
Hangout with her on Instagram and Facebook.
Buy her book, Anatomy of Anxiety, today!
Want to hear more from Ellen? Tune into Episode 17: Holistic Approaches to Psychiatry With Dr. Ellen Vora
LOVE THE SHOW?
If you love this episode, please rate, review, and share this episode. It helps me so much!