TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST
Before you can succeed at parenting, you must first succeed as a couple. Today’s episode is for all the new parents, soon-to-be parents, or wanna-be future parents like myself.
Today is an exciting day because I have not one but two guests joining me on the show. Kara Hoppe and Dr. Stan Tatkin join us on the show to discuss their new book Baby Bomb: A relationship survival guide for new parents. Baby Bomb is the resource you need when a new baby turns your life—and your romantic relationship—upside down.
Kara Hoppe is a psychotherapist, teacher, feminist, and mother. She has spent more than a decade as an inclusive therapist working with individuals and couples toward healing and growing, and toward becoming grounded, integrated people with better access to their own instincts, wisdom, and creativity. Kara also offers workshops for parents and expectant couples, based on her book Baby Bomb.
Dr. Stan Tatkin is a clinician, author, researcher, PACT developer, and co-founder of the PACT Institute. He is also an assistant clinical professor at UCLA, David Geffen School of Medicine. He maintains a private practice in Southern California and leads PACT programs in the US and internationally. He is the author of We Do, Wired for Love, Your Brain on Love, Relationship RX, Wired for Dating, and co-author of Love and War in Intimate Relationships.
TODAY, WE'RE CHATTING ABOUT…
- How you and your partner can co-parent and co-partner as a solid and supportive team— while also cultivating mad love for each other
- Why Stan and Kara wrote Baby Bomb
- How a secure-functioning relationship is essential for raising happy, healthy kids
- Why it’s important to put the relationship before baby
- What couples can do when a new baby turns their life upside down
- Why babies don’t save marriages
- The importance of letting your partner know they are a priority
- Why it’s a benefit to step back as a new mom and receive care
- How to communicate your needs better to your partner
- What to do when you're jealous of your own baby
- How to keep intimacy alive after baby
- The importance of meeting your own individual needs
- Grieving your pre-baby life
- Why it’s important your relationship is in good shape before getting pregnant
MORE FROM STAN AND KARA…
Buy their new book, Baby Bomb: A Relationship Survival Guide for New Parents
Kara Hoppe's website
Follow Kara on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter
Dr. Stan Tatkin's website
Follow Stan on Instagram
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE…
>>> CLICK HERE IF YOU'RE TIRED OF ANXIETY RUINING YOUR LIFE <<<