This last Thursday I did some serious reflecting while jamming out at a Bob Seger concert. There was one moment when Bob came to the edge of the stage near me and was singing his heart out. On the screen behind him was a picture of his younger self (keep in mind he is 73 years old), and I couldn’t help but reflect on life at that moment.
I kept wondering, “Is Bob sad that this is his last tour? Does he wish he could go back and do it all over?” My curiosity was peaked, and I was reminded of my mission to live my best life. No matter what, we will age. It’s inevitable. There is no going back, only forward. In that moment of reflection, I whispered (more like yelled) to my husband, Bob is living his best life right now. Bob so graciously reminded me that we only get one shot at this life, so we need to make sure we rock-and-roll our way through it.
As you sip your coffee, tea, or other morning beverage this morning, I challenge you to do some self-reflecting.
- Are you living your best life?
- What would it look like to live your best life?
- What step can you take today towards achieving your best life?
- What negative habit is keeping you from achieving your best life?
- When you are older and reflecting on a picture of your younger self, will you be able to say that you made the most of your time?
If you love Bob Seger as much as me, drop your favorite song in the comments below 👇🏼