TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST
DR. CAROLINE LEAF
Dr. Caroline Leaf is a communication pathologist and cognitive neuroscientist specializing in cognitive and metacognitive neuropsychology. Since the early 1980s she has researched the mind-brain connection, the nature of mental health, and the formation of memory.
She was one of the first in her field to study how the brain can change with directed mind input. During her years in clinical practice she worked with many people who struggled with Traumatic Brain Injury, learning disabilities, autism, dementias and mental health issues like anxiety and depression.
Dr. Leaf is also the bestselling author of Switch on Your Brain, Think Learn Succeed, Think and Eat Yourself Smart, and Cleaning Up Your Mental Mess. She teaches at academic, medical and neuroscience conferences, churches, and to various audiences around the world. She is also part of the mental health initiative in Washington, DC.
Dr. Leaf is currently conducting ongoing clinical trials using the 5-step program she developed while in private practice to further demonstrate the effectiveness of mind-directed techniques to help relieve mental health problems such as anxiety, depression and intrusive thoughts.
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN…
- What happens when you don't use your mind correctly
- The difference between the mind and the brain
- What neuroplasticity is
- How your thoughts keep you stuck
- What happens when you suppress undealt with thoughts
- The toxicity of being labeled with a mental illness
- The role telomeres play in mental health
- Dr. Leaf's beliefs on schizophrenia
- The importance of identifying the why behind your symptoms
- How you can begin to clean up your mental mess
- The importance of tuning into your physical and mental warning signals
- How many days it takes to build a habit (It's not what you think)
- The importance of using brain-building to keep your brain clean
CONNECT WITH DR. CAROLINE LEAF
Cleaning up the Mental Mess podcast with Dr. Caroline Leaf
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
RATE, REVIEW, & SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
“I LOVE The Courageously.u Podcast!” <— If this sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! Your review helps me support more courageous souls struggling alone in silence. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m starting to add some game-changing bonus episodes to the feed, and I’d hate for you to miss out on them. Subscribe now!