Darcey Sergers joins us inside Episode 71 of The Courageously.u Podcast to chat about the time she lived with bipolar. She lived with depression and anxiety on and off again beginning in her adolescent years. In 2016, after experiencing multiple stressors, she had a breakdown which led her to access psychiatric medications for the first time.
A year-and-a-half after starting her medications, her symptoms began to worsen, and she knew she had to begin the slow taper off her medications. As she tapered off her medications, her trauma story began to unfold and she finally began the process of true healing.
Now off all psychiatric medications, Darcey is advocating for everyone to get curious about the root cause of their symptoms, be open-minded to different forms of treatment, and to explore what mental health means to you.
TODAY, WE'RE CHATTING ABOUT…
- The toughest thing for Darcey after she was diagnosed with bipolar
- Where Darcey's mental health journey began
- What her breakdown looked like
- Darcey's thoughts on taking control of your healing
- Why it's important to find a therapist that’s a good fit for you
- The tole trauma played in the presentation of Darcey’s mental health symptoms
- Darcey's soul-sucking journey with mental health medications
- What it looked like for Darcey to taper off psychiatric medications
- The importance of bodywork when healing mental health symptoms
- Why Darcey was not born with bipolar, depression, or anxiety
CONNECT WITH DARCEY SEGERS…
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE…
Stop letting anxiety hold you back from living your best life! If you're ready to break free from paralyzing anxiety, I want to be your coach! I’m excited to announce that I’m now taking clients for 1:1 anxiety coaching.
To learn more and sign up, visit courageouslyu.com/coaching or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join my client waitlist today!