TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST | AMAZON
Donna Jackson Nakazawa
Donna Jackson Nakazawa is an award-winning science journalist, author, and internationally-recognized speaker whose work explores the intersection of neuroscience, immunology, and human emotion. Her mission is to translate emerging science in ways that help those with chronic conditions find healing.
Her writing has been published in Wired, The Boston Globe, Stat, The Washington Post, Health Affairs, Parenting, and Glamour, just to name a few. She has also appeared on The Today Show, National Public Radio, NBC News, and ABC News.
We talk about…
- Why girl's mental health is worsening
- How chronic stress impacts girl's brains differently than boys
- Why it’s important to know the science
- How losing the in-between years negatively impacts girl's mental health
- How social media impacts adolescent girl's mental health
- The role puberty plays in a girl's mental health
- Why we’re seeing a sharp rise in self-harming behaviors in young girls
- Why you need to develop a safe and stable relationship with your daughter
- What you can do to help improve your daughter's mental health
- Why you need to be regulated if you hope to help regulate your daughter
More from Donna Jackson Nakazawa…
Visit her website
Buy her book, Girls on the Brink
Hangout with Donna on Instagram or Facebook
More from The Courageously.u Podcast…
If you loved this episode and want to learn more about children's mental health, be sure to listen to my conversation with Dr. Nicole Beurkens. Hit play now on Episode 106: Let’s Talk Children’s Mental Health.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission when you purchase Donna's book from the link above. Your purchase helps support The Courageously.u Podcast.