TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY
Dr. Belisa Vranich is a clinical psychologist, a leading expert in mental health and fitness, and a breath work guru. She is also the founder of the breathing class, and the author of Breathe: The Simple, Revolutionary 14-Day Program to Improve your Mental and Physical Health
Dr. Belisa is a regular guest on national television shows such as CNN, Fox News, the Today Show, Good Morning America, and Inside Edition, and has been interviewed by Anderson Cooper, Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira, Bill O’Reilly, Kelly Ripa and Nancy Grace. In addition to all that, Dr. Belisa has been interviewed as an expert in numerous publications, including GQ, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The Wall Street Journal, Vogue, Time Magazine, and Cosmopolitan.
Today she is bringing all her breath work knowledge to the show, so I won’t keep her all to myself any longer. Let’s dive into today’s episode with Dr. Belisa Vranich.
P.S. We’d both love to hear your reactions to this episode, so please screenshot and write any thoughts or questions that come up as you’re listening and tag us both (I’m @courageously.u and Dr. Belisa is @drbelisa).
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, WE TALK ABOUT…
- The psychology of breathing (9:34)
- The difference between chest breathing and belly breathing, and why it's important to breathe from your belly (12:15)
- The three patterns of anxious breathing (14:50)
- How breath can worsen your anxiety symptoms (16:11)
- The role breath plays in physical wellness (18:22)
- Why you should take your breathing IQ (22:39)
- How to strengthen your breathing muscles (24:56)
- The role breath plays in IBS (29:03)
- Why you have to advocate for your own health (32:30)
- The role breath plays in labor (34:43)
- How to teach kiddos to breathe (37:29)
- Why breathing helps you fall asleep and the importance of sleep hygiene (40:05)
- How we are doing kegels wrong (44:37)
CONNECT WITH DR. BELISA:
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE:
Anxiety Freebie: Get your free 4-week action plan with tips and tricks to help you not only reduce anxiety, but also coexist peacefully with it. Click here to download.