Dr. Chantel Prat
Dr. Chantel Prat is a psychologist, neuroscientist, professor, and author. She teaches at the University of Washington with appointments in the departments of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics; with affiliations at the Institute for Learning and Brain Sciences, the Center for Neurotechnology, and the Institute for Neuroengineering.
She speaks internationally at events like the World Science Festival and she is also featured in the documentary film I Am Human. Her studies have been profiled in media ranging from Scientific American, Psychology Today, and Science Daily to Rolling Stone, Popular Mechanics, Pacific Standard, Travel + Leisure, and National Public Radio. Her debut book, Neuroscience of You, was recently released and it’s a goodie.
We talk about…
- How our brains interpret the world
- Why it’s important to be aware of what sources of information are feeding your brain
- How social media strengthens our current beliefs
- Why it’s important to understand the relationship between the mind and the brain
- How our brain creates a subjective reality
- Why your brain doesn’t look like the one in textbooks
- How the traditional neuroscientific paradigm glosses over our differences
- What causes us to choke under pressure
- Why we have bogus out there thoughts
- Why we don’t do better when we know better
More from Dr. Chantel Prat…
Visit her website
Buy her book, Neuroscience of You
Play brain games to see how you work
Check out her lab
Goodies from today's episode…
LMNT: Get a FREE bonus sample pack with your first order of LMNT when you click here.