DR. KATHARINE PHILLIPS
Dr. Katharine Phillips is the world's leading expert on body dysmorphic disorder. She is a physician, educator, and scientist who has spent her career caring for patients, mentoring/teaching, and conducting groundbreaking scientific research on body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) and other psychiatric disorders.
Dr. Phillips graduated with honors from Dartmouth College and Dartmouth Medical School. She did her psychiatry residency at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School. She is currently a Professor of Psychiatry at (WHILE) Weill Cornell Medical College and an Adjunct Professor of Psychiatry and Human Behavior at the Alpert Medical School of Brown University.
Dr. Phillips has more than 350 scientific publications and she has written or edited 11 books on BDD and other topics, including the first book on BDD. She has been interviewed by the New York Times, London Times, Wall Street Journal, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Boston Globe, Time Magazine, Newsweek, CNN, the BBC, National Public Radio, and many other media outlets. She has also appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show, 20/20, Dateline NBC, the Today Show, and Good Morning America.
WE TALK ABOUT…
- What body dysmorphic disorder is
- The difference between BDD and body image issues
- Why people who live with BDD are convinced that they look abnormal
- What causes body dysmorphic disorder
- How BDD impairs people's ability to function.
- The treatments that do and don’t help with BDD
- Why Dr. Phillips advises people not to get cosmetic surgery
- How to know if you have body dysmorphic disorder
- The clues that someone lives with BDD
- How you can best support someone who lives with BDD
MORE FROM DR. KATHARINE PHILLIPS…
Checkout Dr. Phillips website
Buy her book, The Broken Mirror
ELEMENTAL SUPERFOOD BARS: Go to https://elemental-raw.com/ and use the code CU15 for 15% off your order.