Dr. Lisa Miller
Dr. Lisa Miller is a clinical psychologist, award-winning researcher, and New York Times bestselling author of The Spiritual Child. She’s also a professor of psychology and education at Teachers College, Columbia University, and the Founder and Director of the Spirituality Mind Body Institute, which is the first Ivy League graduate program and research institute in spirituality and psychology.
Dr. Miller's innovative research has been published in more than one hundred peer-reviewed articles in leading journals, including Cerebral Cortex, The American Journal of Psychiatry, and the Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. She’s also appeared on CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and Weekend Today as an expert. Her latest work, The Awakened Brain, is a groundbreaking exploration of the neuroscience of spirituality that sets a bold new paradigm for health, healing, and resilience.
We talk about…
- What working in a psychiatric inpatient unit was like for Lisa
- How synchronicity helps us better understand what life is showing us
- Why it’s important to say yes to synchronicity
- What Dr. Miller would say to someone who believes synchronicity is merely coincidence
- What role spirituality plays in depression
- The difference between achieving and awakened awareness
- How not saying what’s on your heart could be a missed opportunity
- The three questions you should be asking yourself
Dr. Miller also does two guided practices in today's episode. One that helps you see where synchronicity has been at play in your life and one that helps awaken you to your natural spiritual awareness.
More from Dr. Lisa Miller…
Checkout her website
Watch her Ted Talk
Goodies from today's episode…
Did you know that 97% of coffees out there are full of pesticides, toxins, and mold? Gross right?! This is why I made the switch to Kion Coffee. Wanna try it for yourself and save some money? Save 10% off your Kion order when you click here and use code COURAGE at checkout.