Did you know that your gut health can impact your brain health? Did you know that inflammation in your body could mimic mental illness? Did you know that your brain had a glymphatic system? If this is all new information to you, you won't want to miss Episode nine, Gut/Brain Health 101 with Dr. Mary Pardee. You can consider this episode your unofficial college introduction class to all things functional medicine.
DR. MARY PARDEE
Dr. Mary Pardee is a Naturopathic Medical Doctor and a Certified Functional Medicine Doctor who specializes in integrative gastroenterology and hormone balancing in Los Angeles, California. She is the founder of modrn med, a telemedicine and virtual wellness company that provides medical and health services to clients across the world from the comfort of their homes.
Dr. Mary is also a board member for R Academy Global, an organization whose mission is to provide opportunity to homeless and ex-felons with a holistic 360 approach.
If you're ready to take back control of your physical and mental health, hit that play button and be prepared to take lots of notes. Happy listening!
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK:
- What does gut health look like?
- How does someone know they have inflammation in the body?
- How does our diet trigger inflammation?
- What is a fecal transplant and how can a transplant help with someones overall well-being?
- What is a natural way to ensure a daily bowel movement?
- How does your thyroid impact your mental health?
- How do you convenience someone that their mental health symptoms might be a result of gut health?
- What are some natural ways to induce sleep?
- What are some natural ways to treat anxiety?
- Why is exercise so good for us?
- Is intermittent fasting good for women?
- Where do nighttime panic attacks come from?
- What does courage look like to you?
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- What led Dr. Pardee to practice functional and naturopathic medicine
- The difference is between functional and conventional medicine
- What optimal gut health looks like
- How IBS can lead to anxiety
- That your gut produces more serotonin than your brain
- Why a daily bowel movement is important
- Different ways to get more magnesium
- The purpose of your glymphatic system
- Why sleep is essential for your overall mental health
- How to know which probiotics to take
- How breath work can change your physiology
- What adrenal fatigue is
- How your blood sugar impacts anxiety and depression
- How to find a functional medicine doctor
CONNECT WITH DR. MARY PARDEE:
ALSO MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE:
Anxiety Freebie: Get your free 4-week action plan with tips and tricks to help you not only reduce anxiety, but also coexist peacefully with it. Click here to download.
Four Sigmatic: Save 10% on your purchase when you use the code: COURAGE10 at checkout.