TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST
Dr. Nicole Beurkens
Dr. Nicole Beurkens is the world’s leading holistic child psychologist. She has dedicated her 25-year career to providing parents with simple, effective, research-based strategies that get to the root of children’s attention, anxiety, mood, and behavior challenges so they can reach their highest potential.
She’s built and runs a multi-disciplinary evaluation and treatment clinic, is a best-selling author, published researcher, award-winning therapist, in-demand speaker, international consultant, and experienced mom who is determined to show the world that with healthy foundations in place every child and family can thrive.
We talk about…
- How mental health symptoms present differently in kiddos as opposed to adults
- How kids brains and bodies are not compatible with the way the world is today
- The importance of bringing nervous system regulation into mental health treatment
- Why kiddos with diagnoses like Reactive Attachment Disorder and Oppositional Defiant Disorder tend to not get better over time
- What she feels is one of the biggest issues we are facing in the fields of mental health and medicine
- How certain childhood diagnostic labels can create difficulties later in life
- Why so many more kiddos exhibit symptoms of ADD, ADHD, and Autism
- How Dr. Nicole uses curiosity to explore the root cause of symptoms
- How diet and lifestyle changes allow medications to work better at a lower dose
- Things you can do to improve your kiddos mental health
- How lack of coping skills can leave someone prone to using substances to cope
- The key thing to understand to help break the stigma around mental health
- Why we need to change the lens through which we view mental health
- Dr. Nicole’s concerns on how COVID impacted kids and teens mental health
- How parents can best help their kiddos who are scared of school shootings
- The two types of suicidal kids and teens Dr. Nicole sees
- Why you need to know what your kids are doing on their technology
- What healthy boundaries around technology looks like for kids
More from Dr. Nicole Beurkens…
Visit Dr. Nicole Beurkens website
Hangout with her on Instagram
Listen to The Better Behavior Show
Buy her book, Life Will Get Better
Save 10% off your order of Kion coffee when you use code COURAGE at checkout.
A very important conversation for which we can only thank you and Dr. Nicole. One thing though. I really don’t understand why you’re calling children “kiddo’s”. To me it doesn’t sound endearing or modern, big brings down the level of conversation a bit. Children deserve the respect of being named in a serious manner. We’re not talking about “adulto’s” either, right?