Dr. Robin Stern
Dr. Robin Stern is the go-to gaslighting expert. She’s a licensed psychoanalyst, speaker, author, and co-founder and associate director for the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence. She’s also an associate research scientist at the Child Study Center at Yale.
In 2007, Dr. Robin Stern published the critically acclaimed, The Gaslight Effect: How to spot and survive the hidden manipulation others use to control your life. The second edition was released in 2018. Her work is frequently published in popular media outlets, such as Psychology Today, The Huffington Post, Time.com, The Washington Post, The Hill, and Harvard Business Review.
We talk about…
- What gaslighting is and what it is not
- What the gaslight tango looks like
- How the gaslight effect works
- How you can decide which relationships can be saved and which you have to walk away from
- Why gaslighters gaslight
- How to know if you’re being gaslighted
- What you can do to get out of the gaslight tango
- What it looks like to be medically gaslighted
More from Dr. Robin Stern…
Visit her website
Listen to The Gaslight Effect Podcast
If you loved this episode, you might also love Episode 104: Navigating the Most Difficult Relationship Issues with Elizabeth Earnshaw.
Ready for a clean cup of coffee without a side of anxiety? Click here to save 10% off your order when you use code courage at checkout.