Dr. Seth Gillihan
Dr. Seth Gillihan is a practicing psychologist, author, former professor, and podcast host of the Think Act Be podcast. He has been in private practice since 2012 and specializes in mindful cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). He was a full-time faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania and taught in the Psychology Department at Haverford College.
Dr. Gillihan is the author of multiple books on mindfulness and CBT, with his latest being Mindful Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindful Cognitive Behavioral Therapy offers a fresh, welcome approach for treating mental health issues that speaks to our times, blending mindfulness and spirituality with CBT to effectively overcome negative thinking, achieve deep healing, and truly attain lasting peace.
We're talking about…
- How Dr. Gillihan’s struggles inspired him to write Mindful Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- What traditional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) looks like
- How Dr. Gillihan adds mindfulness to CBT
- What you can do if you struggle with fear-based or intrusive thoughts
- Why pushing thoughts away isn't the goal
- What makes harm-related OCD thoughts unusual
- What the think act be model looks like
- How thoughts drive our emotions
- The importance of exploring beneath the surface level thought
- Why you should find gratitude in the “suck”
- Dr. Gillihan shares his thoughts on toxic positivity
- What you can do if you’re struggling with catastrophic thinking
More from Dr. Seth Gillihan…
Checkout Dr. Seth Gillihan's website
Buy his book, Mindful Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Listen to his podcast, Think Act Be
Hangout with him on Facebook
Even more goodies…
If you love this episode, you'll love Episode 73: Can’t Stop Thinking with Nancy Colier.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission when you purchase Dr. Seth Gillihan's book from the link above. Your purchase helps support The Courageously.u Podcast.