DR. SHERRIE CAMPBELL
Dr. Sherrie Campbell is a Licensed Psychologist and toxic-family survivor with over two decades of clinical training experience providing counseling and psychotherapy services to residents of Orange County, California. She specializes in psychotherapy with adults and teenagers, including marriage and family therapy, grief counseling, childhood trauma, sexual issues, personality disorders, illness, and more. She also specializes in helping healthy people to cut ties with the toxic people in their lives.
Dr. Sherrie is also an author and has written five books: Loving Yourself: The Mastery of Being Your Own Person, Success Equations: A Path to Living an Emotionally Wealthy Life, Your Pocket Therapist: Quick Hacks for Dealing with Toxic People While Empowering Yourself, But It’s Your Family… Cutting Ties with Toxic Family Members and Loving Yourself in the Aftermath, and Adult Survivors of Toxic Family Members: Tools to Maintain Boundaries, Deal with Criticism, and Heal from Shame After Ties Have Been Cut.
WE TALK ABOUT…
- How Dr. Sherrie’s story influenced her work
- What a toxic family looks like
- How having a toxic family member negatively impacts your life
- What happens when you’ve been raised to believe you’re the problem
- The impact emotional abandonment has on you
- Why you need to view cutting ties as a form of self-care and self-protection
- What happens when you set a boundary with a toxic person
- Why someone becomes a toxic family member
- The importance of being an educated empath
- Why you can’t find your needs in other people
- The significant loss you feel when you cut ties
- What cutting ties with a toxic family looks like
- What Dr. Sherrie would say to someone who’s scared to cut ties
MORE FROM DR. SHERRIE CAMPBELL…
Visit Dr. Sherrie Campbells website
Listen to Dr. Sherrie's podcast, Sherapy Sessions
Buy her book, Adult Survivors of Toxic Family Members
ELEMENTAL SUPERFOOD BARS: Go to https://elemental-raw.com/ and use the code CU15 for 15% off your order.
LOVE THIS EPISODE?
You'll probably love Episode 50 too. Click here to tune into Recovering From Emotionally Immature Parents With Dr. Lindsay Gibson