Today's guest is holistic nutritionist, and lifestyle cleanse expert Elissa Goodman. Elissa has struggled with her health her entire life, culminating in cancer and Hashimoto's in her 30's. Beyond her own health, she has also struggled while watching various loved ones suffer from health-related issues, including her husband Marc, who lost his battle to cancer in his mid-40's.
Elissa believes that proper nourishment, healing by listening to your “gut, connecting to your inner strength, and a daily renewal practice is essential for optimal living. She's on a mission to educate and encourage healthy, mindful living while helping others embrace the concept that we are a product of what we eat and how we treat ourselves.
Today's episode is jam-packed full of nuggets of wisdom, so feel free to take notes. I may be biased, but I feel this is just the episode we need as we roll into a wild holiday season.
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Elissa's health story that led her to use food to heal (3:23)
- The importance of marrying conventional and functional medicine (9:01)
- Elissa's BIG epiphany (11:18)
- What happens to your gut when you're stressed and unhappy (12:42)
- Why focusing on your emotions and diet are essential in healing (13:32)
- What Elissa does for self-care to improve her well-being (14:46)
- Why you are never too old to reinvent yourself (18:11)
- The benefits of juicing (19:04)
- The importance of using food and lemon water to cleanse the toxins from our body (22:11)
- One of the best things to do for yourself in the morning (25:44)
- Why Elissa love's juicing and doesn't worry about the fiber being eliminated (26:34)
- Why you shouldn't put fruit in your juices (27:35)
- What to do if you don't have a juicer and want a shortcut (27:51)
- How Elissa does intermittent fasting and why she chose to fast (29:35)
- Key foods to incorporate into your diet (32:09)
- The supplements I use to improve my hormonal health (34:27)
- Foods Elissa encourages people to avoid (35:42)
- Why Elissa thinks the word superfoods is overrated (38:09)
- The benefits of taking organic MCT oil (41:35)
- Elissa's thoughts on alcohol (41:40)
- Why we should be drinking bone broth (43:45)
- The importance of sleep (46:02)
CONNECT WITH ELISSA GOODMAN:
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE:
Toss the toxins in your home for good! For a limited time only, Branch Basics is giving YOU 10% off your first Starter Kit. Click here to start tossing the toxins today!