TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY
If you are new to yoga, you’ll most definitely want to tune in to Episode 11, Yoga 101 With Heidi Kristoffer. Heidi Kristoffer is rated one of the hottest trainers in America by Shape Magazine, one of the most inspiring yoga teachers in the world by DoYouYoga, and one of the most popular instructors in New York City by RateYourBurn and ClassPass.
Heidi, a former award-winning actress of stage, film and television, and graduate of Cornell University, is on a mission to make yoga, inversions, health, strength, and whole, happy living accessible to everyone.
She is the Founder of CrossFlowX™ and the CrossFlow yoga app. Heidi doesn’t stop there, though. She is also a co-host of a new hit “Off The Gram” podcast, creator and producer of Microsoft Bing Fitness Yoga & MSN Yoga, and wellness expert for, and contributor to, multiple publications and platforms worldwide. Oh, yeah, and she does all this while raising three tiny adorable humans.
POWER OF YOGA
In all that she does, Heidi Kristoffer maintains an intense focus on core integration and alignment stemming from her desire to use yoga as a tool to heal and strengthen the body.
An old car accident left her with two broken vertebrae, a straightened cervical spine, and multiple herniated discs. After, years of yoga, and no surgeries, her cervical spine has regained the curve, and all herniations are gone.
Heidi is a true believer in the powers of Yogic Healing, and wants to share that with the world, and aims to in the therapeutic section of her brand new CrossFlow yoga app.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK:
- How does it feel to go from actress to one of America’s hottest trainers? (5:13)
- What are the different styles of yoga? (23:02)
- For people who feel Kundalini yoga is religious, what would you suggest to them? (40:59)
- How does yoga help anxiety? (45:23)
- What would you tell someone who is new to yoga? (50:50)
- What do you take to a yoga class? (53:43)
- What does courage look like to you? (1:00:37)
YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT:
- How Heidi went from being a professional actor to yoga enthusiast (2:11)
- Heidi’s advice if you don’t like your first experience with yoga (7:19)
- How yoga was created to exhaust the body and mind (15:12)
- CrossFlowX (18:58)
- How yoga gives you an opportunity to connect with your life (21:48)
- Why yoga is a great way to pull you into the here and now (22:23)
- How going on autopilot in yoga leads to injury (24:40)
- How external heat can lead to injury during yoga (28:35)
- The importance of finding a properly trained yoga teacher (32:02)
- Chakras (34:42)
- The difference between religion and spirituality (43:34)
- Where flexibility starts (58:54)
CONNECT WITH HEIDI KRISTOFFER:
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
Click here for a one month FREE membership to Heidi’s CrossFlow yoga app
Favorite yoga mat: Yoga Design Lab combo mat
Favorite blocks: Cork yoga blocks. Pro tip: Cork blocks are much more stable, and if you are using yoga blocks for balance ever, the foam ones have a tendency to flip over and cause injuries.