Dr. Holly Richmond is a licensed marriage and family therapist, certified sex therapist, and she holds a Ph.D. in Somatic Psychology. This unique combination of professional credentials enables her to focus on clients’ cognitive processes as well as their somatic (body-based) health. Dr. Holly is one of North America’s leading sex therapists, serving women, men, couples, and gender-diverse individuals for relationship and sexuality issues.
She works from a sex-positive approach, meaning: “all sex is good sex as long as it’s consensual and pleasurable.” She is committed to helping her clients feel better—mind and body—not just behave differently. Dr. Holly’s latest book, Reclaiming Pleasure is a groundbreaking examination of both somatic and psychological factors in survivors’ recovery.
WE CHAT ABOUT…
- What inspired Dr. Holly to write Reclaiming Pleasure
- Some common emotional and physical impacts of sexual trauma
- The connection between eating disorders and sexual trauma
- How sexual trauma impacts relationships with others
- The four trauma responses
- Being triggered during future intimacy
- How shame can go inward after sexual trauma
- The power of somatic therapy when healing from sexual trauma
- Whether or not sexual trauma can impact libido
- What it looks like to be sexually healthy
- How one can create a more passionate life after sexual trauma
- What Dr. Holly would say to someone who believes it’s too late to reclaim pleasure and passion
MORE FROM DR. HOLLY RICHMOND…
Connect with Dr. Holly Richmond on her website
Buy her book, Reclaiming Pleasure
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE
NEED HELP MANAGING YOUR ANXIETY? Download my FREE 4-week anxiety action plan today!