Jamie Scrimgeour is a wife, mom, stepmom, life coach, conversation opener, and bs caller. Seven years ago, she found herself sitting on the bathroom floor with a glass of wine, balling her eyes out, wondering what the heck she was thinking marrying a man with three kids and an ex-wife. She was madly in love, the kids were great, but as a 26-year-old with zero experience in the parenting department, she was over her head. When she went to the internet for support and was disappointed in what she found, so she decided to create the type of support she was looking for. Raw and honest conversations about all things motherhood, step motherhood, and living a kick-ass life.
TODAY, WE'RE CHATTING ABOUT…
- What Jamies life looked like before being a step momma and what the transition to stepmom looked like
- How growing up in a blended family helped Jamie navigate being the adult in a blended family
- The anxiety that arises when you sense you have no control
- How to navigate different rules for different homes
- The awkwardness of Mother's day
- How to approach a challenging biological mother
- The importance of hearing the kiddos perspectives and letting them know they are heard
- Codependency in blended families
- The power of creating subfamilies
- What it's like to add a baby to the mix
- The power in strengthening your unique relationship with the kiddos
- The uncomfortableness of feeling like an outsider
CONNECT WITH JAMIE SCRIMGEOUR
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE
I'm excited to announce that I'm now taking clients for one on one anxiety coaching.
I'm helping women find freedom from their paralyzing anxiety so that they have more joy, peace, and calm in their life. And unlike many anxiety treatments focused on thoughts only, I'm holistically healing the root cause of your anxiety by looking at several factors like trauma, lifestyle, attachment, childhood adversity, and more.
If you're tired of missing out on life, tired of missing out on memories, and tired of living with crippling anxiety that robs you of joy, click here to join my client waitlist today. Coaching is on a first-come-first-serve basis currently.