Dr. Jennifer Freed is the best selling author of Use Your Planets Wisely and a renowned psychological astrologer and social and emotional education trainer. She has spent over thirty years consulting clients and businesses worldwide on psychological, spiritual, and educational topics. She has served as the clinical director of Pacifica Graduate Institute and is a national consultant for EMDR.
As a regular contributor to goop, Dr. Freed has written over 23 articles on wellness and Astrology and has penned ten books relating to personal growth. She has also been interviewed for her expertise by the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Vogue.
And that’s not all. In 1999, Jennifer and her partner Rendy Freedman created the non-profit AHA!, which is dedicated to teens, families, and educators feeling safe, seen, and celebrated. AHA! has served over 35,000 children and families in Santa Barbara, and Jennifer has trained educators throughout the country in the five pillars of social and emotional learning.
Dr. Jennifer Freed's passion is to awaken the potentials of each client and collective and to guide them to make lasting contributions to their communities.
Long story short, Dr. Freed is the real deal, and she blew my mind in today's episode. If you’re ready, let’s dive into today’s conversation with the one and only, dr. Jennifer Freed.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- What psychological astrology is (5:37)
- The archetypes of astrology (6:43)
- What a birth chart is (8:30)
- How the planets give us insight into our potential and purpose (8:48)
- What a session looks like with Dr. Jennifer Freed (15:45)
- The five competencies of social and emotional intelligence (16:22)
- Dr. Jennifer Freed's thoughts on horoscopes (18:12)
- How to improve your relationship by using your birth chart (19:27)
- What it looks like to awaken (20:24)
- What it looks like when we don't lean into our native gifts (22:25)
- What new moons mean (25:00)
- The three levels of planets energies that can be expressed (30:50)
- All about AHA! and the importance of emotional and social learning (32:30)
- Tips to help regulate emotions (35:31)
- How to work with Dr. Jennifer Freed (40:39)