I'm curious, do you struggle with your weight and feeling comfortable in your body? Do you have an unhealthy relationship with food? Is your worth tied up in your pant size?
I've struggled with my weight for what feels like my whole life, and I'm most definitely riding shotgun on the emotional eating struggle bus. If you want to hear more about my weight struggle, be sure to tune into episode 4.
As we roll into a new year, where diet culture is preying on our insecurities, I wanted to give you a serious dose of inspiration.
Today's guest. Jessi Jean straight took me to church in today's episode.
Jessi Jean is a Certified Eating Psychology Coach who turned her decade long struggle with food + body into her mission. Now she helps women worldwide end the fight with food using unique brain-based techniques so they can have an effortless relationship with food + unshakeable confidence in their skin.
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How Jessi's diet/binge cycle journey led her to help other women find food freedom (5:01)
- What Jessi's journey with food and body love looked like (7:26)
- Questions to ask yourself if you're wondering if you have an unhealthy relationship with food (12:31)
- Jessi's thoughts on “disordered” eating (14:27)
- The power of reprogramming your brain to transform your life (17:25)
- How Jessi healed and found food freedom (19:10)
- Why you can have food freedom and still care about your body (24:50)
- An activity to help you better understand how society dangles an unattainable carrot in front of you (27:34)
- How body image ideals change over the decades (31:24)
- How to show companies you are not going to support unrealistic body ideals (33:27)
- What healing from body obsession looks like (35:32)
- Why your ideal body type might not be a healthy body type for you (37:09)
- Why you need to question and understand the systemic problems surrounding weight (41:20)
- Jessi's tips for navigating diet culture as you enter 2021 (44:10)