Today's guest is the courageous Kerri Axelrod. Kerri is a leading expert in a holistic approach to mental health. She specializes in the connection between diet, lifestyle, and mood. In her work as a certified holistic health coach and nutrition consultant, she utilizes nutritional science, cutting-edge scientifically proven research, and the integrative modalities of Ayurveda, yoga, and meditation.
Before helping other women heal holistically, Kerri spent most of her life sad, anxious, overweight, frustrated – convinced that if she just lost weight, her life would change. In her twenties, she was a rising star in the fast-paced, high-stress world of national politics. Working long hours at a grueling pace, she endured a personal health crisis that marked the beginning of her health and wellness journey.
After being diagnosed with an autoimmune thyroid disorder and bouncing between doctors to only be left without answers, she quit her job, packed up her life in D.C., and devoted herself to getting healthy.
Now Kerri is the creator of a monthly online educational tool for integrative resources on mental well-being. She frequently provides expert commentary for national and local media publications. She was also recently named one of Boston magazine's go-to wellness pros for nutrition services as well as one of the “Top 10 Healthy Food Instagramers to Follow.”
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How Kerri's mental health struggles led her to work in the world of wellness (4:56)
- What anxiety looks like for Kerri (6:36)
- Kerri's struggle with weight (8:39)
- How years of putting her career in national politics first led to an autoimmune disease (10:33)
- What Kerri's healing journey looked like (17:01)
- Kerri's tips on how to improve your wellness (20:28)
- The advice Kerri would give you if you're struggling with your wellness (25:20)
- The evolution of Kerri working 1:1 with clients (25:39)