DR. LINDSAY GIBSON
Lindsay C. Gibson holds two graduate degrees in clinical psychology, a masters and a doctorate. She has been a psychotherapist for over thirty years, working in both public and private practice. In the past, Dr. Gibson has served as an adjunct assistant professor for the Virginia Consortium Program in Clinical Psychology, teaching doctoral students clinical theory and psychotherapeutic techniques. Dr. Gibson is the author of three books: Who You Were Meant to Be, Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents,and Recovering from Emotionally Immature Parents, as well as a fourth on Self-Care which will be coming out in Fall, 2021. She has also written a monthly column on well-being for Tidewater Women magazine (www.tidewaterwomen.com) for over twenty years. Her website is available at http://www.drlindsaygibson.com. Dr. Gibson lives and works in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN…
- What is an emotionally immature parent
- How our defenses appear as different personalities
- The importance of reconnecting with your inner child
- What does emotional immaturity look like
- How an internalizer takes in information
- How an externalizer can recognize their behaviors are not serving them
- Whether or not you can struggle if raised by an emotionally immature parent
- Questions to ask yourself to determine if you are emotionally mature
- How trauma impacts their ability to receive your love
- The four types of emotionally immature parents
- Where healing begins if raised by an emotionally immature person
- How you can use metacognition to gain awareness about your thoughts, feeling, and experience
- The “medication” for growing up with emotionally immature parents
- How does being raised by an emotionally immature person impact relationships
CONNECT WITH DR. LINDSAY GIBSON
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
RATE, REVIEW, & SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
“I LOVE The Courageously.u Podcast!” <— If this sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! Your review helps me support more courageous souls struggling alone in silence. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m starting to add some game-changing bonus episodes to the feed, and I’d hate for you to miss out on them. Subscribe now!