TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST
Nancy Colier is a psychotherapist, interfaith minister, author, public speaker, mindfulness teacher and relationship coach. A longtime student of Eastern spirituality, mindfulness practices form the ground of her work. She is the author of the recent, Can't Stop Thinking, The Power of Off: The Mindful Way to Stay Sane in a Virtual World, Inviting a Monkey to Tea: Befriending Your Mind and Discovering Lasting Contentment and other books.
Nancy is a national speaker on wellbeing and mindfulness, and technology-related topics including parenting, addiction, and work-life balance. She is also a regular blogger for Psychology Today and Huffington Post. Nancy is identified as a thought leader in the media and appears regularly on national television and radio.
In addition, Nancy spent 25 years as a top-ranked equestrian on the national horse show circuit and serves as a performance consultant to competitive athletes, professional artists, and corporate executives.
TODAY, WE'RE CHATTING ABOUT…
- How Nancy's history of chronic rumination inspired her to write Can’t Stop Thinking
- What it looks like to become addicted to your thoughts
- How Nancy categorizes addictive thinking
- What Nancy thinks we are really afraid of
- What calms down our compulsive need to think
- The importance of watching your thoughts and stepping away
- How to find freedom and peace from your thoughts
- What keeps us hooked to our thoughts
- Nancy’s thoughts on toxic positivity and what you should do instead
- What rumination looks like and how to break free from your ruminating thoughts
- My struggle with rehearsing hard conversations in my head and the impact it had on my mood
- What to do when you’re caught in what-if statements
- How to tackle worrisome thoughts that pop up at night
- The ability to choose whether you think about a thought
CONNECT WITH NANCY COLIER…
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE…
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE…
I’m excited to announce that I’m now taking clients for 1:1 anxiety coaching. To learn more and sign up, visit courageouslyu.com/coaching or send an email to email@example.com to join my client waitlist today!