TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST
Don't let the word trauma discourage you from tuning in. Trauma looks different to everyone and comes in many different shades and colors. Today's guest, Dr. Nicole LePera, best known as the holistic psychologist, is joining us on The Courageously.u Podcast to deliver the tools you need to begin your self-healing journey.
Dr. Nicole LePera was trained in clinical psychology at Cornell University and the New School for Social Research and studied at the Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis. She is a holistic psychologist whose work addresses the connection between the mind, body, and soul, incorporating overall lifestyle and psychological wellness practices.
She is the creator of the #SelfHealers movement, where people from around the world are joining together in community to take healing into their own hands. Her first book, How to Do the Work, is currently in pre-order with a release date of March 2021.
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- All about the A.C.E. scale and how people are suffering wounding in childhood that is continuing to impair their level of functioning outside the traditional ten-point scale (11:05)
- What reparenting is (13:23)
- What the process of reparenting looks like (15:46)
- Why we need consciousness to create change (18:51)
- Markers that might imply someone has a wounded child (22:20)
- If there is a correlation between borderline personality and a wounded child (25:40)
- The importance of attachment with your parents and how it can impact future relationships (27:10)
- Why people seek relationships to meet their needs (33:34)
- What needs to change before other people can know us (37:16)
- The importance of putting boundaries in place, how to put them in place, and what codependency looks like (39:49)
- What is ego, and how does it operate in our daily life (51:24)
- Ways to begin healing your ego (57:26)
CONNECT WITH DR. NICOLE LEPERA:
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
How to Do the Work: Recognize Your Patterns, Heal from Your Past, and Create Your Self
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE:
Click here to download your anxiety freebie today!