SATYA DOYLE BYOCK
Today’s guest is the wonderful Satya Doyle Byock. Satya is a psychotherapist in Portland, Oregon and the Founder of The Salome Institute which offers online seminars on socially relevant psychology. Satya’s teaching, psychotherapy, and writing is influenced by a few primary areas, including Jungian psychology, trauma research, feminist theory, and the study of race and racism worldwide. Her clinical work offers a developmental and soulful approach to work with individuals in Quarterlife, the stage of adulthood between adolescence and middle age. Satya sees the struggle to balance Stability and Meaning in Quarterlife as a timeless pursuit. Her book on finding Stability and Meaning in Quarterlife is forthcoming from Random House.
IN TODAY'S EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN…
- What a Quarterlife is and why it's complicated
- The importance of a childhood “death”
- How Quarterlife “crisis” is being mistaken as mental illness
- The importance of remembering we are mammals
- How to raise kiddos to support them through Quarterlife better
- Satya's beliefs about our current mental health system
- How we are approaching kiddos mental health the wrong way
- Why we are failing people if mental health medications are the only tool being used
- How our current system is sending younger generations to future empty goals
- Why people focused on “surviving” tend to have an easier Quarterlife
- What the bigger question of life needs to be
- The two types of people and what midlife “crises” might look like for them
- A few tips to help navigate Quarterlife
CONNECT WITH SATYA DOYLE BYOCK…
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE...
RATE, REVIEW, & SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
“I LOVE The Courageously.u Podcast!” <— If this sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! Your review helps me support more courageous souls struggling alone in silence. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, subscribe to the podcast. I’m starting to add some game-changing bonus episodes to the feed, and I’d hate for you to miss out on them. Subscribe now!