Today’s activity is meant to help you create core affirming thoughts.
Your degrading, self-rejecting statements have a negative impact on your self-esteem. The goal with this activity, is to help you work towards removing negative thoughts that undermine your self-esteem.
- I want you to sit in a quiet place where you are comfortable.
- Close your eyes. Take two deep breaths and relax your body as deeply and as completely as possible.
- Open your eyes long enough to read the first statement. Then close your eyes and concentrate on that statement. Repeat it to yourself 3 times slowly, allowing yourself to feel as though the statement is completely accurate. Use all of your senses to experience the situation.
- Don’t allow negative or pessimistic thoughts to distract you or undermine your progress. If a statement doesn’t feel right, bypass it and return to it later.
- Repeat step 3 for each statement.
- Repeat this activity everyday for 6 days.
- Each day, after you complete this activity, notice how you feel.