Stuart Sandeman is a globally recognized breathing expert, performance coach, and author. He is the founder of Breathpod, which helps individuals and groups reach their full potential through the power of breathing. A Scottish Judo champion, former financier, and music producer, Stuart came to breathwork after losing his girlfriend to cancer at the age of 31. He trained as a respiratory coach, studying eastern methodologies and western science.
His distinctive approach, rooted in his winning mindset, experience of loss, and practical outlook is designed to disrupt negative thought patterns, beliefs, and habits so people can gain a healthier perspective on how they live. Stuart has since helped transform the lives of thousands of people, working with businesses such as Google, Nike, and Spotify, as well as Olympic athletes and creative artists. His work has been featured in numerous publications including The Times, The Evening Standard, and The Guardian.
We talk about…
- Why controlling your breath is important
- The difference between reactive and proactive breath
- How to use breath to manipulate your nervous system
- Why it's beneficial to mouth tape at night
- How you can use breathwork to trigger a relaxation response
- How you’re supposed to breathe when speaking
- Why it’s important to hold your breath during a breathing exercise
- How congestion can tell you which nervous system state you’re in
Stuart also walks us through a few of his favorite breathing techniques.
More from Stuart Sandeman…
Visit his website
Buy his book, Breathe In. Breathe Out.
If you loved this episode, you'll also love Episode 18: Breath Work 101 With Dr. Belisa Vranich.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission when you purchase Stuart's book from the link above. Your purchase helps support The Courageously.u Podcast.