TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY | GOOGLE PODCAST
Wendy Behary specializes in treating narcissists and the people who live with and deal with them. With 25+ years of professional experience and advanced level certifications, Wendy is the founder and director of The Cognitive Therapy Center of New Jersey and The Schema Therapy Institutes of NJ-NYC-DC. She has been treating clients, training professionals, and supervising psychotherapists for more than 20 years.
She is also a founding fellow and consulting supervisor for The Academy of Cognitive Therapy. Wendy served as the President of the Executive Board of the International Society of Schema Therapy and also served as their Training and Certification Coordinator. She currently serves as the chair of the Schema Therapy Development Programs Sub-Committee.
Wendy has co-authored several chapters and articles on Schema Therapy and Cognitive Therapy. She is the author of an internationally bestselling book, “Disarming the Narcissist,” which has been translated into 15 languages.
She also lectures both nationally and internationally to professional and general audiences on schema therapy, narcissism, interpersonal relationships, anger, and dealing with difficult people. She doesn’t stop there though. She also has a private practice primarily devoted to treating narcissists, partners/people dealing with them, and couples experiencing relationship problems.
WE CHAT ABOUT…
- What inspired Wendy to work with narcissists
- What narcissism looks like
- Whether or not narcissists ever feel bad for their behavior
- How narcissism presents in men and women
- What it looks like to grow up with a narcissistic parent
- How to know you’re in a relationship with a narcissist
- How to have a conversation with a narcissist who always thinks everything is your fault
- Why you might be triggered by a narcissist
- The importance of being the narrator of your experience when speaking with a narcissist
- Why no one is immune to finding themself caught in the spell of a narcissist
- One of the hardest issues for people coming out of a relationship with a narcissist
- Hypersexual narcissism and what it looks like
- Co-parenting with a narcissist
- How do you cope if you have a narcissist in your life
- Whether or not narcissism can be successfully treated
- What Wendy would say to a therapist who’s struggling with a narcissistic client
MORE FROM WENDY BEHARY…
Check out Wendy's website
Buy her book, Disarming the Narcissist