TUNE IN: APPLE PODCAST | SPOTIFY
Doctor David Carbonell is a Clinical Psychologist who specializes in the treatment of anxiety disorders as a therapist, author, and teacher. With over thirty-five years of experience, Dr. Carbonell offers exposure based treatment of fears and phobias in Chicago; is the author of four anxiety self-help books; and teaches workshops for therapists who want to learn more about the treatment of anxiety disorders.
He founded the Anxiety Treatment Center in Chicago in 1990, one of the first psychological practices in the United States devoted exclusively to the treatment of clients who sought help with anxiety disorders, and continues to offer treatment today to people who seek recovery from panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and phobias of all kinds.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASK:
- How can humor help with reducing and managing anxiety?
- Why does anxiety seem to be an epidemic at this time?
- How do our worries trick us?
- Why do anxiety disorders not go away on their own?
- How to break up with your safety behaviors
- What do you say to someone experiencing a panic attack, but treating it like a heart attack?
- What does courage look like to you?
YOU WILL LEARN:
- The big trouble people have with anxiety
- What is the characteristic of an anxiety disorder
- How to notice if you are caught up in the worry trick
- What to do if you are stuck on the worry channel
- Why people feel frustrated, stuck, and helpless with anxiety
- The key question of the anxiety disorders
- What to do if you are having a panic attack, but are worried it's a heart attack
- How to respond to a panic attack, or moments of high anxiety, by using the acronym A.W.A.R.E
- Why we should call a panic attack a panic reaction
- How to approach worrisome thoughts surrounding the Coronavirus
CONNECT WITH DR. DAVID CARBONELL:
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
ALL THE GOODIES FROM THIS EPISODE:
Anxiety Freebie: Get your free 4-week action plan with tips and tricks to help you not only reduce anxiety, but also coexist peacefully with it. Click here to download.